POP-UP Blocker Information
Most pop-up blocking software will not affect your Customer Care Portal experience. Some applications, however, will not let you open the pop-up windows we use for various functions on our site. You may need to adjust your pop-up blocker software settings to access such features or turn off your pop-up blocker software.How do I know if my Pop-Up blocker may have blocked something from the website?
If you experience any difficulties using the Customer Care Portal try these measures first:
a. Press and hold the CTRL key while clicking a link that opens a pop-up on the website. This will override the Pop-Up Blocker just for that one click and allow any pop-up windows resulting from the click to appear. You will have to hold down the CTRL key before clicking the link every time you click on a link that is currently being blocked.
b. Windows XP users: Click the yellow warning bar at the top of the screen that indicates the pop-up was blocked.
c. You can also add the website to an 'allow list'. This will allow pop-ups for this specific website only, while continuing to block pop-ups for all other sites not on the list.
d. Check the instructions or Help section of your pop-up blocking software to learn how to change your settings.
e. Completely turn off the pop-up blocker.
If after trying the preceding measures, you are still experiencing difficulty, you may have to add the Customer Care Portal to the list of allowed sites and/or disable all pop-up blockers during your visit. There are many pop-up blockers available on the market. If you are using Microsoft XP with Service Pack 2, then your version of Internet Explorer is equipped with a built-in pop-up blocker. Many other browsers, such as Mozilla, Firefox, and Opera, also have built-in pop-up blockers.
You may also be using a toolbar, such as Google Toolbar or Yahoo Toolbar, which include built-in pop-up blocker capabilities. Details on the most common Pop Up blockers are below and a more comprehensive list is included in the User Manual.
After your visit to the Customer Care Portal is complete, please remember to turn your pop-up blocker back on.Microsoft XP SP2/IE 6.0 SP2 or Newer
In order to access the Customer Care Portal, users who have the Microsoft XP SP2/IE 6.0 SP2 or newer browser will need to add the Customer Care Portal to their list of allowed sites. To add the Customer Care Portal to the list of allowed sites, please follow the steps below:To keep your pop-up blocker on, but allow pop-ups for our website (recommended):
1. Open the browser and select Tools > Pop-up Blocker > Pop-up Blocker Settings
2. In text box labeled 'Address of Web Site to Allow', type https://www.productassist.com and press the Add button
3. Please Note: Continue to leave the default 'Filter Level' set to 'Medium: Block most automatic pop-ups'To completely turn off your pop-up blocker:
1. Open the browser and select Tools > Pop-up Blocker > Turn Off Pop-up blockerFirefoxTo keep your pop-up blocker on, but allow pop-ups for our website (recommended):
A. If a pop-up has been blocked, a message will appear near the top of the browser window. By clicking the message, a pop-up menu will appear.
B. To allow pop-ups for our site will still blocking other sites, click on the first item in the menu: 'Allow pop-ups for https://www.productassist.com'To completely turn off your pop-up blocker:
1. On the browser window: go to Tools
2. From the Tools Menu: Select Options
3. Click to uncheck the box to the left of 'Block Popup Windows' to turn off the Firefox pop-up blocker.
4. Click 'Allowed Sites' if you wish to add/remove a web site from the list of sites you want to allow pop-ups. Add https://www.productassist.com
5. Click 'Ok' to save your changes.Google Toolbar
In order to access the Customer Care Portal, users who have the Google pop-up blocking software will need to temporarily disable pop-up blocking. To temporarily disable pop-up blocking, please follow the steps in one of the two options below:
1. Click the Blocked button on the Google Toolbar
Note: Once clicked, the blocking will be turned off and the button caption will read 'Site pop-ups allowed'
2. Temporarily hide the Google toolbar by clicking View > Toolbars > and click on Google (which is already checked)Yahoo Toolbar
In order to access the Customer Care Portal, users who have the Yahoo pop-up blocking software will need to temporarily disable pop-up blocking. To temporarily disable pop-up blocking, please follow the steps in one of the two options below:
1. Click the pop-up blocker icon, and un-check the 'Enable Pop-up Blocker' menu item
2. Temporarily hide the Yahoo toolbar by clicking View > Toolbars > and click on Yahoo (which is already checked)